At the beginning of a new year, many of us set goals to have a healthier lifestyle. We’ve all heard it……more yoga, less wine, more flossing, less Facebook etc etc etc.
At Jannali Dental Care we thought we’d mix things up a little and make some of our own resolutions for the new decade.
We spent some time brainstorming over a cuppa, and our 2020 resolutions are all about how our practice can best support YOU – our valued patients.
Here is our top 10 list – And PLEASE let us know if you think there is anything else we should add to make your dental experience an even better one.
At Jannali Dental Care we resolve to:
- Always meet you with a friendly hello and a warm smile whenever you walk through our door;
- Respect your schedule. We ensure that your appointment starts when scheduled and ends when you expect it to;
- Respect your concerns. We know dentistry makes some people anxious. We do our best to make your visits as comfortable as possible;
- Respond to you in a timely way, and in a way that answers any issues you have;
- Give maximum value, giving top-notch dental services at competitive prices;
- Stay up-to-date on current dental knowledge and techniques through ongoing education and training, and the latest technology;
- Follow the industry-standard, or above, to provide a hygienic environment for your dental care;
- Honestly analyse your need for treatment, and discuss viable alternatives, before making recommendations;
- Give you a full understanding of your treatment, including accurate information on the cost.
- Treat everyone fairly and equally, regardless of age, race, religion, creed, ethnicity, socio-economic background, or current health;
- Continue our involvement with the local Jannali community. We think ‘giving back’ is VERY important so expect to see us out there in 2020 and beyond.
And here’s what you can do:
Of course, now it’s your turn. We have a few suggested 2020 resolutions for you!
- Brush and floss regularly. But you already knew this, right? Oh, and that rumour about flossing extending your life, it’s true. So, go on, floss like a boss.
- Buy new toothbrushes four times a year. Toothbrushes have a lifespan of about three months. Making a swap at the new year will help keep your teeth clean for the next three months, and by Easter, it will be time to get another one.
- Check-in with us. Hmmmm, if we had a dollar for every patient who said ‘I wish I’d come in earlier’, we’d be buying our own private island in the Caribbean right now. Regular check-ups and cleans are a vital party of maintaining your dental health, and they are a resolution you can keep. Schedule your regular dental check-ups for the year, and you will be set to go! And if you are nervous about coming to see us, remember we have twilight dentistry options (and Netflix).
- Eat and drink properly. Avoid sugars, carbohydrates, and acids to make your dental health resolution successful. Drinking water with your snack, and rinsing after eating, make it more difficult for food to stick to your teeth. Drink more water. And don’t touch fizzy drinks – there are simply no winners there.
- Quit smoking. Say no more.
- Reduce alcohol and coffee intake. There are multiple ways alcohol can harm your teeth. Alcohol is empty calories with high amounts of sugar to cause decay, and coffee and red wine stain your teeth.
- Smile. We saved the easiest and quickest 2020 resolution for last. Did you know that even if you fake a smile it releases chemicals that will trick your brain and actually make you feel better? TRUE.
You will be surprised how these simple tips will make a difference to your teeth, your gums and your overall general health.
And remember, even if you are ‘best friends’ with your toothbrush it’s really important to keep up with regular professional cleans and check-ups. Nothing cleans your teeth like we do!
At Jannali Dental Care we want our practice to feel like family – so give us a call on 9528 9204 or contact us right here for an appointment. We promise we will always take good care of you and your smile.