For some, it’s what you look forward to first thing in the morning. For others, it’s a reliable afternoon pick me up. Whatever coffee is to you, one thing is true: it can dull your smile without proper precautions.
If ditching the Flat White isn’t sitting right with you, here are a few other things you can do instead of cutting consumption to help keep your teeth white.
1. Add a whitening toothpaste to the brushing and flossing mix to help remove surface stains before they become prominent. After drinking your coffee, brush your teeth to avoid a coffee-coating and help reduce the risk of staining.
2. Sip your coffee swiftly. Instead of making your cup last for hours, drinking coffee quicker means it won’t sit on your teeth for long, leaving less opportunity for stains.
3. If you can’t brush your teeth immediately after finishing your coffee, try to rinse your mouth. If you don’t have a mouth rinse, water will do the trick just as well. Simply swish it around your mouth for a few seconds to remove any leftover coffee from your pearly whites.
4. Some dentists recommend sipping your coffee through a straw to reduce contact with your teeth. But seriously, how many people have you seen at your local café drinking their piping hot latte through a straw? Not many.
5. Last but not least, schedule a teeth whitening visit. At Jannali Dental Care we’re proud to use the latest technology in teeth whitening to brighten your smile in one quick visit.
All about our Zoom Teeth Whitening package (it really is the BEST on the market!)
Discolouration or the appearance of yellow teeth can be genetic, a result of medication, environmental in nature, or a mixture of all three. The good news is the majority of discolouration is usually a result of surface stains, and they can be tackled effectively by Zoom teeth whitening.
In our humble opinion, Zoom is the best whitening treatment on the market – and with Zoom, it’s possible to whiten your teeth up to 8 shades in about 90 minutes. That includes getting rid of those nasty coffee stains.
What is involved in Zoom Whitening?
The whitening gel is applied to your teeth – your lips and gums are protected. Then a specialised LED blue light will be left on your teeth for 15 minutes. The gel is then reapplied. This will happen 3 times and the session concludes with a fluoride treatment to reduce your risk of tooth sensitivity.
You will be able to maintain your newly brighten smile with your Zoom touch-up kit that we send home with you.
The Zoom touch-up kit provides you with a custom fit, comfortable, whitening tray and gel to help you maintain your results. To maintain the best possible outcome, be sure to use your home whitening system as directed.
You can use it comfortably in your home or even relaxing with a book outside in the sunshine. Too easy.
How long does the effect of Zoom Whitening last?
So, the million dollar question – how long does Zoom teeth whitening last? The effects of zoom whitening should last for 12 months – but with a significant caveat – the length of the benefits vary hugely depending on how well you treat your teeth afterwards.
Avoid or reduce the consumption of staining drinks such as coffee, tea, red wine and coke. This will definitely help to prolong the effects of the treatment, as will good dental hygiene overall.
If you do occasionally have a staining drink, keep a close eye on the beverage sizes, and rinse or clean your teeth as soon as you can.
The full Zoom whitening package, including both the time in the dentist chair AND the custom made take-home whitening trays, is $695.
We reckon a Zoom whitening package would make a pretty special and unique Christmas gift for someone you love.
Call us today at 9528 9204 to talk to us about our teeth whitening package and we can answer any extra questions you may have. As far as we are concerned, Zoom is definitely the best teeth whitening product on the market.